Free Wi-Fi at the Airport
In October 2015, AENA (the airport authority) launched a free and unlimited Wi-Fi service at Fuerteventura airport. Eurona Telecom (formally known as Kubi Wireless) offers this service, and it allows all passengers to connect to the internet throughout the terminal form a laptop, mobile phone or any device with Wi-Fi technology.
Although this service is free and unlimited, it has a limited download speed, which is currently 2 Mbps. This speed is more than sufficient to check your inbox, catch up with friends on Facebook, or just browse the internet, but it is not adequate if you want to watch HD movies as this requires a faster download speed. There is a premium service available with is suitable for this.
The premium service can give you a download speed of up to 20 Mbps, but it is a paid service. This service is based on a time limit, and the prices are as follows:
- €7.50 for 45 minutes
- €9.00 for 60 minutes
- €15.00 for 24 hours
- €40.00 for 3 days
- €70.00 for 1 month
The time limit starts from when you first connect and will continue for the period of time you purchased. You cannot disconnect to stop the time, but you can disconnect and move to another device during this time.
How to Connect
Connecting to the Wi-Fi service is easy. All you need is a Wi-Fi compatible device such as a laptop or smartphone, and then you can follow these steps:
- Turn on your device
- Search for the wireless network called "Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA"
- Connect to this network and wait for a new browser page to open. If it doesn't open automatically, open the new browser page manually and you will be redirected to the Eurona welcome page
- Choose the type of service you require, the free or premium service. You will need to enter your credit card details for the premium service at this point
- Agree to the terms and condition of use and click "Connect"
Internet Terminals & Printers
If you do not have a wireless device or if you want a printing service, you will find four areas within the terminal with free access to desktop computers. There is free internet access on all these computers just like the Wi-Fi hotspots. The premium service also available at the same prices. If you want to print a document, there is a fee for this.
The four areas you will find these desktops are as follows:
- Floor 0 - Arrivals hall
- Floor 0 - Departures hall
- Floor 0 - Departures hall
- Floor 0 - Boarding area
If you wish to find out more information about the free or premium Wi-Fi service from Eurona, you can contact them using the following details or visit their websites at hotspot.eurona.com.
- Customer helpline: +34 902 195 788
- Fax number: +34 932 152 388
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the terminals and printing facilities, please use the following details:
- Customer helpline: +34 900 404 054
- Email: email@example.com